- One 15oz can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice, about 1 large lemon
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 2-3 Tbsp water
- Dash of ground paprika
- Add tahini and lemon juice to a food processor and process for 1 minute. Then add the olive oil, minced garlic, cumin and the salt and process for 1 minute, scraping the sides halfway through.
- Drain liquid from the can of chickpeas and rinse well with water. Add half of the chickpeas to the food processor and process for 1 minute. Add the rest of the chickpeas and process for 1 to 2 minutes or until thick and smooth. If hummus is still too thick, slowly add of water until desired consistency.
- Sprinkle with paprika and serve!