- 2.5 pound boneless beef chuck roast
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 2 cups peeled, sliced parsnips
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, diced
- 1 carton of low sodium organic beef broth
- 1 teaspoon rosemary (dried or fresh)—parsley could work too!
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt & pepper to taste
*You can also replace the rosemary & basil for 1 tablespoon of ground cardamon and 1 tablespoon of 7 spice (Ziyad brand/Middle Eastern). This is my other favorite!!!
- Cover and cook on low setting for 6-8 hours, or until meat is tender (you could also cook on high for 4-5 hours, however roast may not be quite as tender).