- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- ¼ cup coconut vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- black pepper to taste
- 1 pound chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- Bring two cups water to a boil and add the rice and salt.
- Return it to a boil and simmer for 30-40 minutes until rice is cooked and the water is evaporated.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, honey, coconut oil and pepper.
- Pour vinegar mixture over the rice and mix well.
- Add in the tomatoes and basil.
- Toss rice mixture again until well combined.
- Serve immediately.