- 6-10 servings (depending on size of the serving)
- 2 cups nuts (any combination of walnuts, pecans, and almonds – slivered work best)
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 scoops LifeTime Fitness Vanilla Whey/Vegamax/Collagen
- 1 cup large coconut flakes, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup erythritol (like Swerve) or spoonable stevia to taste (about 1-1 1/2 teaspoons)
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger or 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 organic egg white, whisked until frothy
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat. Take off heat and stir in ginger, salt, vanilla, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Combine nuts in a food processor and pulse several times to chop the nuts roughly. Transfer nuts to a large bowl. Pull out any large chunks and re-process. Add pumpkin seeds, coconut flakes and dried fruit (if using) to the nuts. Toss to combine then pour the oil mixture into the nut mixture and mix well. Whisk egg white and pour over mixture and combine with a spoon or your hands, making sure everything is coated well.
- Transfer granola onto baking sheet, spreading it out into one even layer.
- Bake granola for 20-25 minutes until dry and golden (watch it closely so it doesn’t burn). Don’t stir, but you may need to rotate the pan if it is growing unevenly.
- Remove the parchment from the hot pan and let the granola cool completely (it will get even crispier as it cools).
- When the granola is cool, break it up into chunks. This can be stored for up to two weeks in an airtight container.
- As a snack on its own.
- As a cereal served with almond milk, coconut milk or raw milk.
- Parfait-style with organic yogurt and berries.