- 1 whole chicken
- ⅓ to ½ cup fresh thyme (whole sprigs)
- 1.5 Tbs turmeric
- 1 celery stalk (limit to 1), cut in half
- One 3-inch chunk of fresh, peeled ginger
- 5 whole cloves
- 6 carrots, whole or cut widthwise in half to fit pot
- 2.5 Tbs Celtic or Himalayan sea salt
- Add all ingredients to large stock pot and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a low simmer. Remove any foam formed on the surface.
- Simmer about 40-45 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken and carrots.
- Carefully strain the broth from the rest of the ingredients; discard solids and keep broth.
- Once chicken is cool enough to handle, remove the meat from the bones and skin. Reserve the meat and discard the rest.
- Slice carrots when cool enough to handle.
- When ready to serve, put desired amount of chicken and carrot in bowl, cover with broth, and serve. If tolerated, you may add some cooked rice.