No Bake Coconut Bites
• 1 ½ cups shredded unsweetened coconut
• 5 dates
• 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
• 1 Tbsp. pure vanilla extract
• 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Line a small cutting board with wax or parchment paper.
2. Combine coconut, dates and coconut oil in a food processor until slightly sticky, about 3 minutes.
3. Using a tablespoon, press the mixture into the spoon to shape into 12 equal-sized bites. Gently slide out of spoon and place on parchment paper.
4. If you prefer Mounds bars, leave as is. If you prefer Almond Joys, press one almond in the center of each coconut mound.
5. Freeze for 15 minutes.
6. While the bars are firming up, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave (20 seconds at a time to prevent burning).
7. Dip the coconut mixture into the chocolate to top them. Pop them back in the freezer for another 10 minutes to firm up.
Makes 12 Servings | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 25 min
Nutritional Info | Calories: 125 | Protein: 1 | Fat: 8 | Carbs: 11 | Sugar: 9 | Fiber: 2