BBQ Chicken Casserole
1 large spaghetti squash, cooked and shredded
1/2lb Applegate Naturals bacon
1 red onion, diced
2 pounds chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
1 1/2-2 cups paleo bbq sauce or one of your choice
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
3 large eggs
1. Preheat oven to 400° and line a 13×9 with parchment paper.
2. Place cooked spaghetti squash in a large bowl and pat dry with paper towel.
3. Cut bacon with scissors and place in a large skillet.
4. Cook on medium/high until crispy. Remove half onto a plate and add onion and chicken to remaining bacon.
5. Cook until onion is tender and chicken is cooked through.
6. Add chicken mixture to the spaghetti squash and then add the barbecue sauce. Start with 1 1/2 cups and add more if needed. Add the pepper, salt if needed, and garlic powder. Stir until everything is mixed well.
7. Add the eggs, stirring completely.
8. Add mixture into prepared pan, top with remaining bacon and bake 30-35 minutes.
Homemade BBQ Sauce:
1x 6 oz can tomato paste
1 14.5 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
1/2 cup coconut vinegar or apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup pitted dates about 8 Medjool dates
1/2 cup bone broth or water
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon hot sauce optional
3 tablespoons coconut oil
1. Place all ingredients in a large saucepan and cook on medium for 10 minutes. You want to use a large pan since it will splatter if you use a smaller one.
2. Turn off the heat and blend until smooth.
3. Continue cooking for another 10 minutes or until desired thickness. If it’s too thick, add a little broth or water. If it’s too thin, keep cooking.